Look who has been shopping....
* A new cutting mat. My current mat is 18" by 24" and is cracked and tearing. I upgraded to a larger one, 24" by 36" to make a large job of cutting fabric easier. I will keep the smaller one for small projects, but it really is in disrepair. I have been waiting for an opportunity to buy this 50% off.
* Pack of 5 new blades for my blade cutter. Mine were in serious need of replacing. It was starting to chew on the fabric, but I was holding out for a sale.
* New thread. I love Gutermann Cotton thread. I go through it so fast that I purchase it in 800m spools.
* Schmetz Quilting Needles. I am sure you have heard that you need to change them pretty often. At least after each project. A dull needle can snag your fabric and make a mess of your stitches.
* Kwik Klip. If you have read any of my previous posts about pinning a quilt, you will know that I have been wanting one of these for awhile to save my little fingers.
* 6.5" square ruler. This is a lot easier to maneuver when working on smaller projects. I have been using this to trim up squares for my Half Moon Modern quilt. So much easier!
There is nothing like having the right tools to help you work more efficiently and simplify your projects.